- A lizard that was previously considered a single species has been separated into 2 different species. Now we have the species Guadarrama wall lizard (Podarcis guadarramae) and the species Lusitanian wall lizard (Podarcis lusitanicus)
- The names of various lizards in other languages have been added. You can check it here
- Common Toad has been renamed (Bufo spinosus) in spanish to Sapo común ibérico
- Fixed a bug where some answer was repeated in guess the answer games
- Fixed a bug where the “message sent” page was not translated when submitting the contact form in some languages
- Communities are being empowered Sparrou on Whatsapp and Telegram. Join us to learn even more about the natural world and learn about all the new things to come in Sparrou!
Recently, from the termcat Changes have been made to the names of some birds in Catalan, replacing the “vulgar” with “común”. And therefore, it has also been modified in Sparrou so that you always have all the updated information on the species. These are the changes made (only in the Catalan language):
- Arpella vulgar ➡️ Arpella comuna
- Esparver vulgar ➡️ Esparver comú
- Estornell vulgar ➡️ Estornell comú
- Fotja vulgar ➡️ Fotja comuna
- Gamba roja vulgar ➡️ Gamba roja comuna
- Gavina vulgar ➡️ Gavina riallera
- Oca vulgar ➡️ Oca comuna
- Oreneta vulgar ➡️ Oreneta comuna
- Tallareta vulgar ➡️ Tallareta comuna
- Terrerola vulgar ➡️ Terrerola comuna
- Cogullada vulgar ➡️ Cogullada comuna
- Bosqueta vulgar ➡️ Bosqueta comuna
- Alosa vulgar ➡️ Alosa eurasiàtica
Join the Telegram community!
In the recently improved Telegram community, in addition to knowing the new news before anyone else and participating in surveys about the future of Sparrou As in the WhatsApp community, you can also upload your photos of animals so that we can help you identify the species, among other nature-related topics.
🙏 Your help is needed!
If you would like to collaborate with Sparrou and support the project, the easiest way is with your usual online purchases. I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you than the price you would normally pay. All information here:
We are looking for help to include all mammals found in the Iberian Peninsula in Sparrou. And for this is needed a list in excel/spreadsheet format of all the species in different languages, as well as photographs and audios. If you want to help, get in touch and I give you more details.
Lastly, enjoy Sparrou and don't forget to share it in your circles to give away environmental education. Thank you for creating a more nature-conscious world! 💚